Inclusion at St Sampson’s High School
As a Rights Respecting School, at St Sampson’s School everything within our ethos and values is based around the human rights of all children. We are committed to developing an inclusive curriculum which means that all students, whatever their needs or abilities, are entitled to have access to the academic and social life of the School so that they are able to make the best possible progress.
- To create an inclusive ethos
- To facilitate fullest access to the curriculum for all students
- To provide the necessary support for those who experience learning difficulties
- To ensure consistency of approach
- To enable all students to maximise their potential
- To promote self-esteem and positive attitudes towards learning
- To raise the awareness of teachers of their responsibilities towards students with special educational needs
- To develop a supportive environment and sense of community.
From September 2021 our school, as all island schools, will be part of an Operation Encompass. Operation Encompass is a police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people who experience Domestic Violence and Abuse. Operation Encompass means that the police will share information with our school about all police attended Domestic Abuse incidents which involve any of our children PRIOR to the start of the next school day. The Operation Encompass information is stored in line with all other confidential safeguarding and child protection information. We are aware that we must do nothing that puts the child/ren or the non-abusing adult at risk. The named Key Adult in school has used the Operation Encompass Toolkit to ensure that all appropriate actions have been taken by the school.